A missive

Hanif,
I try not to show it, but going back to base is one of the scariest responsibilities that I have put it off for so long. To be honest, I wasn't planning to ever return to base. I had a set, comfortable life of nothing, and running became my dream. I found it easy to hide from the government, and I have been fortunate enough to have great people who are happy to shelter me in my time of need. Yes! It was the simple, comfortable life of escape.

...then I met you.

I know what I now have to do. I am not any less scared, nor am I any less tempted to run, but you are worth so much more than what I now lack. You are the reason that I am going back to base; I love you, I cherish you, and I desire to remain with you as long as you'll have me.
I am scared, but I will andure fear for you!

The next weeks to follow will be undoubtly rough. I am only going to be as strong as you support me. Please, don't give up. I will return.

0 comments: