Moments

Today, I went to the Purdue HSSE (Humanities, Social Science & Education Library) borrowing Chris Gardner's famous oeuvre, The Pursuit of Happyness. The warmth of Summer, the fine of Daughtry's 'Home' thru my iPod, and the smell of fresh cut grass, pulling me back to my first met with Dj 10 months ago, when I crossed by Purdue Memorial Union on my way home. Even though the 'owh-hi' met was on Fall semester, the Indiana's unpredictable weather tells the reason why the memory came back on Summer. Then, I chose to walk by Dj's house using Grant st. between Krannert and Rawls buildings, crossing the block and taking the W. Wood St before N. Salisbury St.

"Cepat la J!! Dah lambat. Nanti sampai dah mula.."
"Sabaq la..Hang ni jalan laju nak mampuih!"
Reminiscing back when I urged Dj at the back of Rawls to walk faster to Switchfoot concert at the end of last Spring at Slayter Hill. I'm 1ft taller than Dj, so as I moved a lil bit faster, she needed to double her efforts to catch up my pace. It was said in the flyers that the concert would be started at 3, and it was 3.30 when we were at the Rawls. I knew we weren't late because the Facebook group said Switchfoot would only perform at 5. It was less than 2 months before Dj's departing to Malaysia. The urge was more to my desire to have certain memorable moment with Dj (sounds sentimental? Dun care...).

I started smiling when passing by Dj's house recalling back the moment we spent during my 1st Winter break before going to Purdue's big rival school - IU. The moment when we played 'Taboo' with Addin, Saini, Safwan, Effy, Anne and Ama. I don'
t think I would like playing 'Taboo' if my 1st play wasn't with those guys. Addin and Effy was the center of attraction during the game when they collaborated to solve one word AS they were opponents for each other!

"Confirmed?" Addin asked Effy for a confirmation after asking her about a clue to be given so he wouldn't mess up the rules.
"Ya, ya...Confirmed!" Effy confidently answered that w/o realizing that they're opponents!

It wasn't a pleasant Winter for some people as they believe that we should spend the winter at Florida or California in the warm weather, or NYC for great Christmas or New Year eves, rather than
wasting your time in the dead-town of Lafayette or Indiana. It's good enough for me to spend the Winter with these kanak2-riang scholars as I'd rather having great moments filling up my despairs of ignoring my only sister, when she sent me to the airport couple months ago, with four Felicities - Dj, Effy, Ama, and Anne, than get stuck in the crowded New Year's or Christmas' celebration in NYC .

And today, I'm glad that I can recall back the moment I chose to be preserved.

As I stepped inside my apartment, it came across my mind, that I have 3 more yrs to spend over here w/o Dj and Effy. How could I preserved those moments with them, so, it'll be fresh and dulcet as it should be? Thus, I decided to create this blog. Noting everything in the past, present, future, and thoughts as my life goes on as a Boilermaker, a MARA scholar, an actuary wannabe, a friend of Effy, DJ, and two angels in my apartment, a son of Kamis and Hasimah, and of course a slave of the Almighty Allah.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww soo sweett la Anip. You should let Dj tomboy read this. Keep up w/ this blog. Good moments always sounds good in writing!!!

Anonymous said...

so sweet anip...make me miss purdue more...wanna cry..:):):)

Anonymous said...

that's how ppl sud play taboo... ask for confirmation. kan effy?? btw, this is a good starting for ur memories-preserved blog. make me miss DJ, effy and others.

satu lagi, "two angels in my apartment"... wut's that?